Of the main copper-wound strings available, the fullest sounding and brightest are the Kürschner followed by the Savarez, then the Aquila Ds and lastly the Aquila DEs, which are pretty dull (and are no longer being made although several retailers still have quite large stocks available).

As far as I am concerned the jury is still out on the Aquila loaded nylgut. Many of us have high hopes but there are production problems (there has only been one batch so far and many diameters are unavailable) and some strings can have considerably sideways amplitude when plucked (even causing them to catch neighbouring strings!) as well as intonation issues (but that is also true of a lot of wound strings).

Best,

Matthew