On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Chris Frey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 10:30:30PM -0400, lance raymond wrote:
> > Seriously though, ignoring the barrybackup not syncing (error posted
> > before), how do you initiate the transfer/sync?  The old treo worked via
> > pilot-link, but that was a while back, so is the sync done through
> evolution
> > or a script kicked off from the cli?
>
> You can use msynctool (cli) or KitchenSync (gui).  Those are the main ones
> that I'm familiar with, and I would recommend starting with msynctool
> first, just because the configuration dialogs in KitchenSync are a little
> funky with certain plugins.
>
> Syncing goes something like this (once you have everything installed).
>
> Preparation:
>
>        Make backups of your data!
>
>                - use barrybackup for your device
>                - backup evolution too, see:
>
> http://ubuntu.wordpress.com/2005/12/03/how-to-backup-evolution/
>
> Configuration:
>
>        msynctool --addgroup EvoBarry
>        msynctool --addmember EvoBarry evo2-sync
>        msynctool --addmember EvoBarry barry-sync
>        msynctool --configure EvoBarry 1
>        msynctool --configure EvoBarry 2
>        msynctool --showgroup EvoBarry
>
> Each configure command will bring up an editor, where you can enter
> the configuration details for each plugin.  For Barry, a default template
> will appear, containing comments and the single config line you need
> to setup.  This line contains the PIN number of your device, and a
> 1 or 0 depending if you want to sync contacts and calendar items.
> Normally you use <PIN> 1 1
>
> For Evolution, it is an XML configuration, pointing to your home
> directory,
> where evolution stores its local databases.  For example, on my system,
> I use:
>
> <config>
>

> <address_path>file:///home/cdfrey/.evolution/addressbook/local/system</address_path>
>

> <calendar_path>file:///home/cdfrey/.evolution/calendar/local/system</calendar_path>
>
>  <tasks_path>file:///home/cdfrey/.evolution/tasks/local/system</tasks_path>
> </config>
>

> Actual syncing:
>
>        Make sure that evolution is not running.
>
>                evolution --force-shutdown
>
>        Run the sync.
>
>                msynctool --sync EvoBarry

Getting real close.  I am getting an error on sync and have 1 question,
so...

The error is;
 msynctool --sync EvoBarry
Synchronizing group "EvoBarry"
Member 2 of type barry-sync had an error while connecting: (-1, error
sending control message: Operation not permitted): Probe: GetConfiguration
failed
Member 1 of type evo2-sync just connected
Member 1 of type evo2-sync just disconnected
All clients have disconnected
The sync failed: Unable to connect one of the members
Error while synchronizing: Unable to connect one of the members

The questions is;
the config-barry1 shows the templates for calendar, addbook and tasks, but
the config-barry2 has the pin then only 2 1's (for add/calendar), so should
those change at all?

Thanks again.