Looks like there are only two todo-like formats among the vformats below
(vtodo10 and vtodo20).

Would I be right in assuming that would be the short list among which I
should choose?

Thanks for your insight!

Paul

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Chris Frey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Paul!
>
> I think Nathan is right... you're kinda limited by what opensync supports.
> It needs to be something that opensync can convert to whatever it needs.
>
> Taking a quick look at the opensync 0.22 source code, running the following
> grep in the formats/vformat-xml directory:
>
>        grep osync_env_register_converter *.c
>
> I find that there are a number of opensync-specific XML formats, as well
> as:
>
>        memo
>        vcard10, vcard21, vcard30
>        vnote11
>        vtodo10, vtodo20
>        vevent10, vevent20
>
> I believe this is your limiting list.  It will be one of these strings that
> you will use when you register a new objtype in barry_sync.cc (see the
> get_info() function at the bottom).
>
> I'd recomment sticking with one of the vformats above, for 0.22.  I'd like
> to move to the opensync XML formats when we port the plugin to
> opensync 0.4x, but I didn't find the schemas quite complete when I was
> working
> on it in the 0.3x tree, so I don't know how much success you'd have with
> 0.22 schemas.  Your mileage may vary.
>
> Hope this helps,
> - Chris

Best Regards,

Paul Eden

"...and a little looking out for the other guy too."
- Mr. Smith