El jue, 29-05-2008 a las 16:50 -0400, Chris Frey escribió:
> Reset Reboot wrote:
> > I've been trying the opensync plugin for syncing Evolution's Calendar
> > and Contacts with my BlackBerry 8700g. Evo's plugin commit changes, and
> > barry seems to send the changes, but then, the program freezes and my
> > harddisk starts working intensively (I can't nearly move the mouse).
> >
> > I've been looking around the list, but I've not found anything on this.
> > The freeze happens with 0.12 and with latest CVS checkout (from today).
>
> Hi Reset,
>
> It sounds to me like it is running out of memory, and starting to chew into
> swap space.
>
> You could check for this by using 'top' and typing the letter 'M' to
> switch it to memory sorting.  Watch to see what app uses the most memory
> while you're syncing.
>
> How many contacts are you working with?
>
> Also, which distro are you using, and (to be complete) which version
> of opensync?  (I'm assuming 0.22)  Did you compile opensync yourself,
> or are you using a binary package for your distro?
>
> - Chris

Well, I've done what you said and I was astonished when I saw a process
called 'osplugin' eat up to 834 mb of memory for 134 elements for
syncing (calendar + contacts), Mi poor laptop has 768 mb for RAM and 1
Gb for swap, so, yes, that explains the hd trashing.

I only have 62 contacts and mostly the same number on Evolution.

I'm currently running Ubuntu Hardy (32 bits), Opensync 0.22 that came
with the distro.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks!
--
Reset Reboot

[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Para Google Talk y Jabber.

http://resetreboot.blogspot.com - Mi espacio en la blogocosa.

http://resetblogo.blogspot.com - Mia blogo en esperanta lingvo.