I don't think Robert's question was answered. He wants to ignore
*specific* addresses, not all addresses. Try

   `bbdb-ignore-some-messages-alist'

    An alist describing which messages *not* to automatically create
    BBDB records for.  This only works if bbdb/news-auto-create-p or
    bbdb/mail-auto-create-p (or both) is 'bbdb-ignore-some-messages-hook.

I'm having problems with bbdb/mail-auto-create-p. It doesn't seem to
work. bbdb/mail-auto-create-p is supposed to recognize 4 values: t,
prompt, nil, and bbdb-<function>, but I all I seem to be able to get
BBDB to recognize is nil and non-nil (i.e. prompt == t; I haven't tried
bbdb-<function>).

Is there some trick to getting BBDB to prompt for adding an address
above and beyond setting bbdb/mail-auto-create-p to 'prompt?

--- Vladimir

Vladimir G. Ivanovic                        http://leonora.org/~vladimir
2770 Cowper St.                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Palo Alto, CA 94306-2447                                 +1 650 678 8014

    rw> On July 22, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
    >> Is there any way to tell BBDB to ignore specific from addresses?
    >> There are a bunch of auto-reply programs (e.g., from a bug-report or
    >> orders system) that persist in sending me email that purports to be
    >> from me (in terms of the name string), but with their email address.
    >> I'd like BBDB to stop trying to change my email address when that
    >> happens :-)

    rw> I'm pretty sure someone asked this question within the last
    rw> fortnight... check the documentation for the variables
    rw> bbdb/mail-auto-create-p and bbdb/news-auto-create-p

    rw> Cheers,
    rw> Waider.
    rw> --
    rw> [EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.