On 11 Apr 2011, Roland Winkler told this:
> - Finally, I fixed various bugs and improved the documentation.

I just noticed that BBDB development has restarted. Unfortunately
BBDB 3.0 has removed a good few features, including one I definitely
rely on: bbdb-canonicalize-net-hook, which is crucial to keep your
database clean in the face of the large number of people with
semiautomatically morphing addresses.

Is this done in some new way these days? Would you mind if I
reimplemented it? (The v2.x BBDB's canonicalize-net-hook has just broken
due to changes in the behaviour of run-hook-with-args in upstream Emacs
bzr, to wit, that it always now returns nil if called with a hook list
rather than a hook variable. This behaviour appears to be intentional:
when you think about it it doesn't make much sense to return the value
of any one hook function if there is more than one. A fix would be
trivial, but if BBDB 2.x is dead, it may not be worth doing.)

(I'll also see if bbdb-expire works with v3.0x and make it work if it
doesn't.)

--
NULL && (void)