Hello-
I am new here and writing on this site makes my palms sweat, but I would
like to say that I came from Nebraska to go to Allan's BD Conference in
October.  I felt pulled to it from the time I saw it offered in Acres USA
and it was wonderful.  I come from a "checkered past" of very conventional
production agriculture and until 6 years ago believed this was the only way.
When our field no longer grew decent crops even with massive doses of
chemical inputs, we began our "quest" for a better way.  It has been the
most wonderful and difficult thing I have ever been involved with and we
have fought an uphill battle all the way-personally and economically.  I
personally feel that my brains have been put in a Waring Blender and
thoroughly scrambled.  Nothing that I believed in belongs anymore.  What I
find is that I believe with all my heart and soul there is a better way.  I
am pulled so very hard towards the spirituality and connectedness of the bd
concepts.  But how to get there?!?!?  I came home from the conference and
made my own batch of barrel compost.  I am on my way out now to our small
greenhouse to stir a batch of bc using the preps that I bought at the
conference for my own vegetables. Most everyone here thinks I have short
circuited somewhere.  I guess what I wanted to say here is thank you for all
of your thoughts on this site.  I feel so strongly that I am supposed to be
learning these things. Allan spoke in a recent post about creating "sparks"
from your thoughts and I think you have helped me here.  Much goes right
over my head, but some I grasp on a deeper level than even I can really
understand or explain.  I am on a journey to find and support my intuitive
nature (which is the real me) and disconnect  from the logical side that I
have had to learn to function in in my role here.  Hard to do.    My dream
is to be able to bring our farm to a place that you can just feel the
positive beautiful growing energy on when you come here.  We like to call it
"regenerational" farming.  Then to be able to share that with anyone that is
interested to help them make changes and avoid some of the mistakes we have
made.  There isn't much room for mistakes economically any more.  Is there a
place for bd concepts in larger scale agriculture?? or do those two concepts
totally oppose one another? See, here again confusion reigns.  I agree with
all of you that our earth desperately needs healing.  Is it possible to use
bd on larger operations?  I am thinking of use of preps in our compost tea
brewing process.  We made and put on about 90000 gallons of tea this past
summer. I feel it could be a wonderful way to address larger operations.
Not that I feel large operations are necessarily the correct approach, but
to face the facts, that is what is going on in our world.  And if there is a
way to bring even a fraction of those folks towards healing the soil instead
of destroying it, then there has to be someone to help show them that it can
work.  Well, once again thank you for your thoughts.  I hope the spiritual
world understands and helps those that struggle and are confused, because
then there is hope for me!
Michelle Wendell