>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Hugh Lovel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2002 9:04 PM
>Subject: Re: What is Magic?

Dear Michelle,

If you can manage to make barrel compost and apply it via your irrigation
system, you will be applying actual microi-organisms. Doing the irrigation
water with radionic prep treatments will supply the patterns for those
micro-organisms to succeed, but it won't apply the micro-organisms. Because
the better species seem to be fairly widespread it may not make much
difference. But on biologically dead soils it might. On your sandy soil I
wouldn't want to place bets either way.

One of our field broadcaster owners down on Florida has even sandier soil
than you. Hers was almost pure sand 12 years ago when I first saw her farm.
She's one of the reasons I'm selling field broadcasters and she has two of
my earliest models and was the first to have horn clay patterns in her
broadcasters. Now 6 years later her dairy farm is antibiotic free for 5
years, and hasn't bought in any fertilizers in 3 years. She's composting
and using that as the input for her pure sand hayfields growing summer
peanut and winter annual rye forages. She says she is almost at the point
of grazing her dairy cows and completely getting off grain supplements. Her
land has never looked better in the history of her dairy. And she is
irrigating less.

So sandy land can be good, even though I'd prefer clay. I bet you could
grow good potatoes on your sand anyway.

It's good to hear that your water is relatively nitrate free. As you keep
nitrogen inputs to the minimum you can hope to maintain that. As for
rainmaking, if anyone can put together a class, I'd like to see at least 30
attendees and go two days. I want to make $2,000 out of it, so with the
hall and some catering, that comes to close to $100 per attendee.

One of the frustrations I feel is that most people are so plugged into
advertising and the pictures and totally engineered sales pitches in the
major farm magazines. The picture looks so cool to have lemons wall-to-wall
all bushy and green. But what is the point? Growing foliage or fruit? It's
all so deceptive. The corn you showed me from in the past compared to the
recent higher quality shows the true story, while, as you say the elevator
doesn't pay any extra for the quality. That's pretty discouraging, knowing
that if you grow responsibly you don't get(m)any breaks.

I planted a couple acres or corn in an old hayfield this year, with just a
field broadcaster, tillage and seed, and I got another good corn crop,
comparable to what Is got on my own acreage the year before. I know I'm
growing a big, tall open-pollenated flint corn that makes great corn meal
but doesn't yield high. So I probably don't have 100 bushels to the acre,
more like 60.

I'm going to have to plant the usual hybrids to see what kind of yields I
can really get with them in terms of bushels, but that rankles because my
main interest is quality, rather than quantity. They aren't the best corn
strains. But anyway I'm talking about rennovating hayfields and building up
the organic matter with a crop of corn, and then returning the fields to
hay--nosI planted this year showed early signs when the corn was only 8
inches tall, of phosphorus deficiency. The phosphorus was there and it was
really copper deficiency, and with application of copper this field
performed pretty good--some really good corn despite the fact it got off to
a poor start. Usually getting off to a poor start is the death of corn, but
this was just a little adjustment of $15 worth of copper sulfate crystals
spread by my cyclone seeder.

I'm going to plant 10 acres this way next year as a better test. But I'm
clear that abandoning nitrogen inputs entirely are the direction we need to
head in. I'm far from sure that we can all go there at once. But I'm clear
that all of agriculture must go there as soon as possible. We've got the
tools. Our homeopathic remedies and means for applying them are good enough
already, though they may improve. We can create the conditions in virtually
any soils to fix nitrogen out of the air and dispense with nitrogen
fertilizers. And in the process everything we grow will improve in quality.

This leaves us at no winning development, does it not? But it is a win to
KNOW we can do a different agriculture with homeopathics and radionics,
despite the fact that the market doesn't give us much advantage. Our slight
advantage is that we know we can  get our nitrogen out of the air and can
make rain in timely fashion.

I hope it's enough.

Best,
Hugh