On Wed, 21 Sep 2011, Paul Johnson wrote:

> That symbol would be defined in libperl.so and is on my system..  It
> sounds very much as if this software is not playing nicely.  Does it
> have its own version of perl, perhaps embedded?

  i think i may have addressed in my last post, where the build
process supplies its own complete set of host tools which, because
they're designed for an earlier version of ubuntu, may not be playing
nicely.  i may simply have to do all this on a ubuntu 10.04 system for
which all this was designed.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca