On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 08:31:10AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Sep 2011, 'lesleyb' wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 07:24:51AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > >
> > >   argh ... after just skipping the component that was causing the
> > > earlier error, i got further and then this:
> > >
> > Probably a good idea to unskip it and fix the problem there first.

<snip some bits out>
> > I would hazard a guess that the software is asking for a Perl_Gthr_key_ptr
> > function which doesn't exist in the shared object Cwd.so so there may well
> > be a
> > mismatch between the software requirements and what you have installed.
> >
> > I suggest you fix the first bug first in case your skipping it is causing
> > this
> > bug.
>
>   i'd love to, but i'm still not clear on how or, more importantly,
> *why* there's that kind of mismatch.  i think i mentioned this
> already but, *officially*, this build should complete on ubuntu 10.04,
> whereas i'm using ubuntu 11.04.  so that suggests there's been some
> sort of change with one or more perl modules in between that's causing
> this grief.  but i don't just want to start installing CPAN modules
> until i think i understand what that would be fixing.

I have no idea what your initial error was nor if your skipping it has created
this second error.  The initial error might better indicate the problem and
fixing it might prevent this second error occurring.

The version of your OS isn't too important, the versions of perl and any
dependencies required are.

> rday
>
> p.s.  is there a way to identify which perl module supplies the
> Perl_Gthr_key_ptr symbol?  perhaps it's just a dependency issue that
> didn't exist in 10.04 but is somehow in 11.04.

already answered by another poster.

Regards
Lesley