Hi All,

I see a long silence in Ankur's mailing list. So I thought that let
me break this spell :-)

Ankur's English to Bengali dictionary project is about to complete
its two years of existence. Just to advertise the new URL of the
project

http://www.bengalinux.org/english-to-bengali-dictionary/

In December 2007, database was moved to MySQL database.
During transition lots of duplicatation were removed and number
entries were reduced to 10,000 (on Dec 1, 2007). Currently,
we have around 12K+ entries.

Live statistics of the project is now available at

http://www.bengalinux.org/cgi-bin/abhidhan/statistics.pl

For convenience, database dump is now also available in
XML format along with MySQL dump. Please follow the
link in "about page" to download the database

http://www.bengalinux.org/english-to-bengali-dictionary/about.htm

Meanwhile, Dipankar-da has kindly agreed to become one
of the editor of the dictionary project.

On this occasion, I would be really interested to hear your
opinion on the present/future of the project. Also, I sincerely
hope to hear from some volunteers to help the project with
coding.

Cheers
Golam

--