Posted in plain text for Sherry:

! have been awake pretty much since Wednesday morning but I had to post
this..

I am so proud of my girl Macy..aka... Santera's Evening Masquerade..
Macy freewhelped 18 beautiful Berner babies yesterday. 9 males and 9
females.  She began her labor at about 5:30 am yesterday morning. Her
first pup was delivered at 8:30 am .. she continued at a relaxed pace
for the next 18 hours. Her last pup a small female was delivered at 2:30
am this morning,. sadly that last pup couldn't hang on and we lost her
this morning.. Macy had no drugs of any type.. She did it all completely
on her own. Puppies all weigh between 14 and 16 ozs. and all but 1 have
very nice markings.. 1 has very high white "boots" on both his front
feet.

I want to thank Macy's breeder Sandy Novocin for allowing me to choose
Macy. I went to Sandy looking for a bitch that had good orthopedics and
longevity that could possibly also bring free whelping into my lines.. I
have had alot of problems in my lines with having to section everything
for very small litters.
Macy has been everything I could ask for and more..She has a wonderful
temperment and is a nice moving bitch with beautiful expression.
The daddy to this litter is my Rigg's..Sunshine-Von Engel's Lethal
Weapon. Celia Cuellar bred this wonderful boy. I was fortunate to get
him.. He is a beautiful big boy with lots of type..He is a wonderful
ambassador to the breed and I am hopeful that he will lend some of his
size and beautiful type to this litter.

As an added bonus Mom and Dad are both excellents with clear elbows and
have nornal eyes, hearts and thryoids.

Sandy and Celia.. Thank you for allowing these 2 wonderful dogs to be a
part of my breeding program.
It is quite an accomplishment in this breed to have a bitch that will
free whelp.. let alone such a large litter..and with NO help.

I see lot's of supplementing in my future..Anyone know how to find out
if there has been a larger litter than this? maybe Macy is a new
Titleholder after all????

now to get some sleep....

Sherry
Von Engel BMD's