In a message dated 5/27/2003 12:52:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

It will be a heat between the collar and the skin. Wounds like chafes  in
the armpits, close to the dogs chest.

Margareta,
I have not seen (nor ever heard of) this happening w/ either the various no pull
harnesses, head halters, nor the pinch collar, all of which are used extensively in my
area. If it did then it was not fitted properly. The same thing could happen w/ a
buckle collar left on a long time too tight.  I have never seen anything like this
happen and I have used pinch collars myself for several of my dogs and my students'
dogs and have many friends who do also.  That would never happen in a properly fitted
pinch collar b/c it is loose against the fur (you can slide your hand part way under
it) except for the moment the dog pulls, which they rarely do very often once they
understand how to walk nicely on it.

Vilma Briggs (Kistner)
Mt. Gilead, OH
U-UD Mocha Java Slurp, UDX, HIC, TT
Ch. Brighteye Expresso Bean, UD, NDD, TT
U-CDX Our Little Buddy, UD, NA, TT
Thirdtym's A Charm, CD
Hob Nob Clouds In My Coffee (puppy "Perc")
and foster Bernerboy: Brew/Bruin