When my dog got sprayed my vet recommended a mixture of two cups hydrogen
peroxide (the regular three percent, not the one used for bleaching), a half
cup of baking soda, and two tablespoons of dish soap.  Unfortunately I got this
invaluable advice the next morning since the little dear had the bad taste to
get sprayed in the middle of the night, however, I have spoken with many people
who used a version of this since and they swear by it.  I don't see why it
couldn't be applied to clothing or anything else that was touched by the spray.

My reflex was to grab for the baking soda which did take care of the bit that
had dripped on the carpet.

However, even better I have since discovered Arm & Hammer's Washing Soda!  It
isn't the same as baking soda, and its getting harder to find but is often
available in the laundry section of the store.  Its a large box of powder and
there is absolutely nothing like it for dealing with unpleasant odours.  You
can use it in many different ways, not just in the washer.  It eats protein so
can't be used on wool  that's the only thing to be aware of when using it.  A
few vital boxes helped me get through a very bad (long) cat illness a year or
so ago when he wasn't able to control his bladder, ...  and if you've smelt cat
urine then you can appreciate how special Washing Soda really is!

Best of luck to your daughter, ... not an ideal way to start the week!

Joy

Please take a few moments to browse and enjoy
my original artwork at:
www.tigerfeathers.ca