Hi, I agree!! that fomular works great.  You may want to use Dawn Detergent.
Dawn breaks down the skunk oils more rapidly.  Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]on Behalf Of Joy Cyr
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 8:19 AM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] skunk spray

When my dog got sprayed my vet recommended a mixture of two cups hydrogen
peroxide (the regular three percent, not the one used for bleaching), a half
cup of baking soda, and two tablespoons of dish soap.  Unfortunately I got
this invaluable advice the next morning since the little dear had the bad
taste to get sprayed in the middle of the night, however, I have spoken with
many people who used a version of this since and they swear by it.  I don't
see why it couldn't be applied to clothing or anything else that was touched
by the spray.

My reflex was to grab for the baking soda which did take care of the bit
that had dripped on the carpet.

However, even better I have since discovered Arm & Hammer's Washing Soda!
It isn't the same as baking soda, and its getting harder to find but is
often available in the laundry section of the store.  Its a large box of
powder and there is absolutely nothing like it for dealing with unpleasant
odours.  You can use it in many different ways, not just in the washer.  It
eats protein so can't be used on wool  that's the only thing to be aware of
when using it.  A few vital boxes helped me get through a very bad (long)
cat illness a year or so ago when he wasn't able to control his bladder, ...
and if you've smelt cat urine then you can appreciate how special Washing
Soda really is!

Best of luck to your daughter, ... not an ideal way to start the week!

Joy

Please take a few moments to browse and enjoy
my original artwork at:
www.tigerfeathers.ca

blindhandyman-ow...@yahoogroups.com
http://www.acbradio.org/pweb/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_p