Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 06:34:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: Richard Dorffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Brake warning light

--- Carey Probst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just changed the fluid in my 325e for the Watkins Glen weekend coming up and am
> now getting a
> flash of the brake warning light when I put on the brakes.
>
> The light is intermittent, comes on about 1/2 pressure and goes off at about 3/4.
>
> I used a pressure bleeder and it left the master over filled.  Would too much fluid
> cause this?
>
> If so, how can I get out the excess without contaminating the fluid?

Shop vac, straw, turkey baster, syringe, etc. are all acceptable solutions.

:-)

Regards,

Rich

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:12:19 -0400
From: "Steve Stoner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I've noted that cheap basters are available at the dollor store.  I always pick up a
handful, as the brake fluid seems to deteriorate the rubber bulb rather quickly.
Usually after one brake flush job using it to suck the old fluid out.
Steve Stoner

Mike writes
<Please note that this is, indeed, the last step for the turkey baster at
least, and the turkey baster should take up permanent residence in your
toolbax and not make its way back into the kitchen lest your thanksgiving
turkey be (ahem) more flavorful than last year's.....>