Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 21:29:51 +0100
From: "Andrew Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [bmwuucdigest] digest(15 messages)

Steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

"No specific plans at the moment, I'm just curious what choices might exist.
Ideally I'd like to not run out of revs in 4th gear at Watkins Glen.  More
power would be nice, too, but I know it takes more than a change in rear-end
ratio to do that!"

The automatic 318is in E36 guise had a 4.44 - 8% shorter.  This may fit.  If
before you got 21 mph per 1000 rpm in top, you would now get 19.4 mph, which
is a bit short for motorway work.  The greater torque transfer works for you
up to the point where you spend more time with the clutch disengaged than
you do accelerating.

Andy T
'03 318i 2.0