Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 08:45:28 -0700
From: Steve Albrecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Speakers

A friend is asking about the speakers in his '91 E34 535i.  He wants to
replace the ones in the front floor kick panels.  Are they round or
oval?  What size are they?

Thanks in advance
Steve Albrecht
Sick Shine Shop

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:57:06 -0400
From: "Bruno" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Steve Albrecht" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Speakers

The stock system consists of a tape deck, CD Changer (optional),
amplifier/crossover (a four channel amp, and it is ~20 watts/channel,
amplifying ~5 WPC that the head-unit produces. The 10 channels mentioned so
frequently are actually just the speaker-level outputs of the passive
crossovers (which are inside the factory amp box, arguably not a very good
place for them). BMW calling it 10-channel is an example of "peak
marketing." ) located behind the carpet on the left corner of the trunk, and
10 speakers:
. Two 5.25" midbass in the front kick panels.
. Two 3/4" tweeters in the door pillars and two 2.5" midrange in the dash.
. Two 5.25" midbass and two 3/4" tweeters in the rear shelf.

I replaced mine with JBL component speakers and I installed some 6.5 at the
back.

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/upgrade/speakers.htm

Bruno

Webmaster of the BMW E34 Website: www.bmwe34.net