Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:02:14 GMT
From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com
Subject: Re: E36 M42/M44 Electric Radiator Fan Resistor

I've made a pack of four 25W resistors hooked up in parallel so the resulting
resistance would be about 0.75 Ohm. For last several months and 5K miles it
works fine. And it works constantly, it's hot in Houston.

Alex Mouraviev

'96 318ti
'99 740iL

>Are there any sources for the resistor on the E36 M42/M44 electric >radiator

>fan?  This resistor provides low speed operation of the fan, and they >have
>failed on several E36/5's.  Unfortunately, BMW wants to sell the entire
>Bosch fan assembly, not just the resistor.

Surfing so fast you won't believe it's not broadband!
Try NetZero HiSpeed 3G.
Visit http://www.netzero.com to sign up today!