  <Z3> removing center dash console
  Re: <Z3> removing center dash console

Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 10:30:02 -0500
From: "Alex Cagann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com>
Subject: <Z3> removing center dash console

My wife's 97 Z3 has an illumination bulb burnt out behind the dash. This
light illuminates the fan speed selector dial and half the temp control
dial.  I got the correct bulb to replace but don't see any easy way to
remove this section of the dash. This Z3 has the woodgrain on this area as
well as the shifter area. I don't want to pull on this thing if there are
any screws holding it down that are hidden. Any advice?

Alex Cagann
Symbolic Motors
www.symbolicautosales.com
317-716-5172 (cell)
317-464-8202 (fax)

There's nothing under that wood that will help you. Don't try to pull it
off.

Remove the radio, you can get your hand in through that opening, or
disconnect the front end of the console from the dash on each side (2
screws per side) and it's flexible enough for a not large hand to get up
there.

Brett Anderson
KMS