Don't be sorry. First of all, it's all "imho". Second, it's not that it's
too much trouble. It's a matter of management and efficiency. Small and
large FOSS projects tend to be rather conservative when it comes to opening
new lists and the way it's supposed to work is not that if you have a
mailing list, something will happen, but the opposite (if something happens
with enough momentum it becomes threads and threads of discussion and actual
work, then create a mailing list). The risk is that you end up with twenty
different mailing list you won't follow,but worse, most of these mailing
lists won't have an actual workig purpose.I think if there's a team that is
fixing bugs on Base and liaising with documentation volunteers right now but
facing communication issues, then there might be an interest. On the other
hand, these things tend to evolve overtime and the situation can change :-)

best,
Charles.