Hi Thorsten, all,

what is the reason for this biting tone of your reply?

Am 21.03.23 um 22:35 schrieb Thorsten Behrens:
Hi Andreas, dear list.

Andreas Mantke wrote:
I sense it very disturbing that the board put this topic on the agenda
and the chairman was not able to answer an easy and clear question from
the community during the call.

Full minutes are due soon, excerpt below to clarify:

  * What has been your most important personal achievements in the
    interest of the foundation since you took over as chairman around
    one year ago? (Stephan)
    * running board in a difficult time, getting decisions made (Thorsten)

I made some notes myself and you forgot to mention the second part of
your reply to Stephan:

* you wonder if we are already in election mode

(This can be perceived as an attempt intimidation in this context. It
stops the questioner. But it also mirrors the nervousness with getting
such question.)

  * what's the relevance of raising this right now? (Cor)

And this was an aggressive behavior of a board member against a
community member.

@Thorsten: why you didn't stop this behavior, rebuked the attacker or
protected the ones asking?

  * if there's concerns - perhaps ask directly or 1:1? (Thorsten)
From my notes you told that this could be discussed on the mailing list
too, and not only for concerns, but if there is honestly interest (on an
answer to that question).

While that's not exactly a print-ready answer from me, I fail to see
where responding to questions was ducked.

If you'd look on your above answer from the perspective of the community
and also from the donors to TDF, what would be your perception? Did you
get any idea which important achievement for the foundation you reached
during the last year?

That a chair of the board and its meetings are able to run a successful
decision making process seemed to be nothing outstanding (important). It
is the usual job description.

But there is enough space in the other thread
(https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/2023/msg00072.html)
to extend your answer and give the community more insight, what
seriously were your important achievements for the foundation during
your first year as chairman of the board.

Regards,
Andreas

--
## Free Software Advocate