Meeting Minutes

Date: 2023-03-20
Location: Jitsi

Session chair: Thorsten Behrens
Keeper of the minutes: Stephan Ficht

In the meeting:
   Board Members - Thorsten, Cor, Paolo, Gabor, Emiliano, Laszlo
   Board Deputy Members - Gabriel
   Membership Committee Members - Gustavo, Marina
   Membership Committee Substitute Members -
   Community - Andreas
   Team - Florian, Stephan, Sophie, Guilhem, Stéphane

(...)

The public meeting commences at 17:00 UTC / 18:00 Berlin time.

## AGENDA:

### Public Part

1. Answering questions from the community (tdf-board, 5 mins)
   Rationale: Provide an opportunity for the community to ask
   questions to the board and about TDF
(...)
* What has been your most important personal achievements in the
interest of the foundation since you took over as chairman around one
year ago? (Stephan)
  * running board in a difficult time, getting decisions made (Thorsten)

I looked into my personal notes and I missed here an important statement
from chair:

* hmm, wonder if we are already in election mode (Thorsten)

This can be perceived as an attempt intimidation in this context. It
stops the questioner. But it also mirrors the nervousness with getting
such question.

The chair of the meeting seemed not to be able to recognize the impact
on the community member (questioner) or he did it on purpose.

Regardless which option apply to his inappropriate behavior, it
disqualified him to lead a meeting/board call.

* what's the relevance of raising this right now? (Cor)

And then there was this aggressive behavior from another member of the
board against a community member. And the chair of the meeting
(Thorsten) didn't stop this behavior, rebuked the attacker or
protected the asking community member.

This confirmed that he is not able to act as a chair of a meeting.

Some members of the board act like a prince in the medieval and treat
members of the community as footman and without respect.

I wonder if such behavior is suitable for a chairperson. I like to add
that this was not the first time that the current chair of the board act
this way during a meeting.

* if there's concerns - perhaps ask directly or 1:1? (Thorsten)

This is also incomplete from my personal notes: Thorsten offered also to
discuss this topic on the mailing list, if there is serious interest.
There is an open thread on the board-discuss list
(https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/2023/msg00072.html)
but without any answer from the chair.

The statement above from the call is a commonplace but no real answer to
the question. Thus currently the chair couldn't remember any important
achievement in the interest of the foundation during his first year.

Regards,
Andreas

--
## Free Software Advocate