Hi Thorsten, all,

Am 30.03.23 um 19:42 schrieb Thorsten Behrens:
Hi Andreas, dear list,

Andreas Mantke wrote:
Am 29.03.23 um 15:58 schrieb Cor Nouws:
A personal interest is not a conflict of interest which in general is
not a reason to abstain from discussing topics.

sorry to be very clear here: I've never read or heard such nonsense
inside other communities, I'm active in.

Whether you like it or not, what Cor states is within the rules the
board operates under:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_rules (in particular, the
current CoI policy).

a personal interest / Conflict of Interest (CoI) exists independent of
the confirmation of the board. If one of the many examples for a CoI
applies to a topic (and also if it is only probably) it is the fiduciary
duty of the concerned member to stay out of any discussion etc. on that
topic. This is independent from its confirmation by the BoD.

There is a rule of law that you couldn't be a judge in own cases. This
rule cover the whole process including the discussion of the case inside
the decision-making body.

It's not on the disposal of the BoD (and of TDF) to change this rule. It
is higher-ranking law.

Thus I ask all of you, Thorsten, Cor and Gabor, to not participate in
any discussion (and decision) of the corresponding topics. This is
important because otherwise you violate obligations as board member and
create liabilities.

Regards,
Andreas

--