At Stardate 20030705.1219, I wrote:

This is a reminder that you can still cast your vote for either _The Uplift War_ or _Kiln People_. Come on you lurkers! Join in! :-)

Time's up! And the winner is...

<drum roll>

_The Uplift War_, with five votes (_Kiln People_ got four votes).

Meanwhile, you may want to start thinking about who will do the initial reading and summarising of each chapter. IMHO, that should be someone who voted for that particular book in the first round. You know, something like "you do the crime, you do the time". :-)

Any volunteers yet?

Martin, does your statement "I'm on" mean that you volunteer to write the initial summary for each chapter? If yes, when can we expect the first summary? To keep things going, please post your summary of the first chapter within two weeks.

Jeroen van Baardwijk