--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "John D. Giorgis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 09:06 PM 3/3/2004 -0000 Jan Coffey wrote:
> >Personaly I am a little tired of the Republican party pretending
> >be the most ficaly sound. If that is so, then why does everyone
> >(except the very wealthy americans) allways seem to do well when
we
> >have a democratic president, but everyone looses their jobs and
is
> >out of work when we have a Republican.
>
> You mean like how everyone did well under Jimmy Carter?

Weird, My father was emloyed under Carter, but we had hard times
under reagan.

> Or you mean like the "fiscally sound" policies of LBJ's "Guns
*AND* Butter"

Before my time.

> or Bill and Hillary Clinton's "Nationalized Health Care."

We simply disagree on that.

> And by "everyone losing their jobs" under George W. Bush are you
referring
> to our 5.6% unemployment rate and our 62.2% employment rate?

Why are so many of the best educated computer scientists in the bay
area out of work any yet at every office where I know someone not
unemployed, they are hiering people on H1 visas? Whole devisions are
being layed off and those who are left say that they jobs are going
to India. They are not even giving people a chance to relocate, or
take a pay cut, unless of course your one of thos H1 visa holders,
and you have Indian citizenship.

What about all of the clean room workers who I use to know, but who
moved becouse they got layed off and couldn't find anything to
replace it with? What about all they guys I know who just gave up
and move in with mom and dad? Do you count them as unemployed? What
about all of the broken families where dad went off to who knows
where to work for 1/8th what he use to make and mom and baby moved
in with grandma and grandpa? Sure dad's not "unemployed" but does
that count?

I guess I'm scared that I'm next, but so is everybody.