Out of curiosity, and without wanting to get into the whole is it good/is it bad/is it
fair thing:

What is it that the people who complain about off-shoring (which is quite different to
out-sourcing BTW) want done about it.

Isn't America built on Free Enterprise? Are you going to tell these companies that
they CAN'T take out a contract with an Indian company to provide help desk support
services. Where do you draw the line? Can Wal-Mart buy toys from China? Can a
tech-company outsource help desk to an American company? Can it outsource to an
American company with worldwide offices?

I think it would be great if we could stop the brain-drain which threatens the
development of future technological advances, but I'm not sure how it can be done.

Cheers
Russell C.