ritu wrote:

> Julia Thompson wrote:
>
> > Richard Baker wrote:

> > > If that were to happen, the Singularity would be upon us.
> > And, whatever
> > > else it may be, India is not the Singularity.
> >
> > There's a joke about "The Black Hole of Calcutta" to be made
> > there, but
> > I'm not sure I could do it justice.
>
> Well, I've never heard that joke. Reckon you could try to tell it
> anyway? :)

I was just saying that the preceding bits of the thread suggested such a
joke.  Not sure exactly what, though.  :)

I brought it up over dinner, and got thoroughly booed for the effort,
and then made a really bad pun during the second Star Trek this evening
(TNG, on Spike) and was told to consider myself bonked.  Dunno what it
was with me today.

        Julia

but whatever it is is fading...