--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sounds like the average Hispanic is subject to the "last bastard"
> syndrome -- "I'm the last bastard that should have gotten in,
nobody
> come in after me".
>
> (I first heard this term on a local talk radio show, referring to
people
> coming to Austin.  I didn't think *I* should be the last bastard,
I just
> thought they should have stopped coming about 2 1/2 years after I
> married and became an official resident.  ;)

Why do you think people don't want more, well, people?

I think it is stability, not only of culture but also financial.
Isn't it the rate, not the actual influx with causes that
instability? Could slowing the rate not only stabalize the culture,
but also stabalize the economic outlook for those already there?

If you live in a micro society where there is one food gatherer, one
food perparer, and one thing finder, the food gatherer needs things,
and food preperation, the food preparer needs things and food, the
thing maker needs food and food preperation.

Let's say everyone needs one unit per item or service. The food
gatherer has to gather enough food for himself plus one extra unit
so he can buy a thing, and one more unit to get the unit he is
keeping prepared. The food preparer needs to prepare one unit to get
food, one unit to get a thing, and prepare one unit for himself. The
thing finder needs to find one thing for himself, one to get his
food, and one to have it prepared
.
What happens when we introduce a second thing finder?

What if the second thing finder only wants 1/2 a unit of food for
finding things?

What if thing finder two only wants 1/2 as much becouse he only eats
1/2 as much?

What happens to thing finder 1?

That answer of course if find a new kind of thing, but, what if the
food preparere and food gatherer do not want any new kind of things?

What if they do? What will happen to thing finder number 2?

What if they do,but they will only pay 1/2 a unit for the new things
from thing number one?

What if all non thing finders want btth kind of things and will pay
one unit for each?

What if everyone wants both kinds of things?