Andrew said:

Again, Jews believe there are universal standards for good and for
righteousness (and that the most certainly don't need to be a Jew to
be righteous) - and further, the Bible states that the Law of the
Land is the Law.

So is that an argument from the authority of the Bible, an argument from the authority of the people who wrote Bible, an argument from the authority of the traditions of the ancient Jewish people or something else?

No. You're commiting the basic theological falicy (again, in Jewish
terms) of thinking of G-d as a Human. To eff the ineffible. Which is
understandable (especially since Christians HAVE adopted a Human
aspect to their G-d) but from our POV the question is meaningless in
context.

Well, that sounds awfully like you're saying that these things are true because an all-powerful and ineffable God said so but that we shouldn't really look too closely into such matters. Which, to me (although presumably not to others), sounds awfully like an argument from the authority of one's imaginary friend.

Rich