On 9/7/06, Charlie Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 07/09/2006, at 6:58 PM, Brother John wrote:

> William T Goodall wrote:
>> The atheists eat less babies than the theists though due to having
>> a rationally designed, probably vegetarian, diet.
> There is nothing rational about a vegetarian diet. Vegetarianism is
> just a form of holier-than-thou for atheists.

Rich, atheist and vegetarian.

Me, atheist and omnivorous.

Doesn't matter a damn to me what you eat.

What does matter is that it's clear from your posts that you don't
understand atheism, as you're repeating old and wrong canards about
ethics and morality. Atheists have one thing in common, and one only
- that they do not believe in gods. Beyond that, they're as diverse
as any other random group of people.

I confess that I do not know as much about atheism as an atheist does, or a
least not as much that is correct.  But neither do atheists know as much
about religion as religious people do, at least not as much that is
correct.  Some things you cannot understand correctly from the outside
looking in.  In all advanced fields of learning including both science and
religion, most of the knowledge can be learned only after learning the
prerequisites.  Without those prerequisites, a student must remain
ignorant.  I know some science, but not much beyond the level of my
mathematics which only goes as far as high school algebra, geometry and
trigonometry.  However, I know the scriptures rather well compared with
most.  And one thing I can state with dead certainty:  The scriptures cannot
be correctly understood unless you believe them.  Therefore, statements made
about religion (scriptures) by atheists are almost always made from a
position of bustling ignorance.

John W. Redelfs                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]