The Fool wrote:
From: John W Redelfs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I confess that I do not know as much about atheism as an atheist does, or a
least not as much that is correct.  But neither do atheists know as much
about religion as religious people do, at least not as much that is
correct.  Some things you cannot understand correctly from the outside
looking in.  In all advanced fields of learning including both science and
religion, most of the knowledge can be learned only after learning the
prerequisites.  Without those prerequisites, a student must remain
ignorant.  I know some science, but not much beyond the level of my
mathematics which only goes as far as high school algebra, geometry and
trigonometry.  However, I know the scriptures rather well compared with
most.  And one thing I can state with dead certainty:  The scriptures
cannot
be correctly understood unless you believe them.  Therefore, statements
made
about religion (scriptures) by atheists are almost always made from a
position of bustling ignorance.

A. I know more about 'scripture' than you do.  Much more.

B. I've read the bible, more times than you will for the entire rest of life.

C. I've read more about the bible than you ever will.

D. I Own more translations of the Bible than there are regulars on this list.
Query: Can you list the translations you own? I'm just curious. A "no" answer will be accepted graciously.

        Julia