I just joined this list five minutes ago, and I've already had a message with a title
that looks as though it handles a related topic.  But just in case, I'll fire this
off, as the archives are still something of an unknown quantity.

What I would like to do is this:  set up a dummy server which accepts logins from all
who use pop3 or imap protocols, and sends them one message - the same message to all.

The scenario resembles this one:  we are an ISP.  Customer doesn't pay the bill.  He
gets routed to a captive server, from which we wish him to get one message: Pay your
bill.  When bill is paid, he is no longer routed to that server.

I have half-managed it for imap clients, by creating a file /etc/imap.alert, which
pops up during some login.  I'd like something similar which works for pop.  Ideally
I'd like to be able to send a full message, but I'll settle for imap.alert's one liner.

All suggestions very welcome.

TIA

mvh/regards

James