The parameter is not common for all tests (i have thought about system properties and static classes, but it doesn't solve the problem). In fact, the tool i'm creating will enable very easy test writing and launching (just a very few basis on java will be needed). The user will implement a method with "fake commands" (some methods encapsulated) which will make test cases. In a nutshell, it's a (Servlet)TestCase factory.

The way it works : the program read some configuration in XML files, execute the fake command and give the testcases to Junit. Since it is a "factory", each test case is customized and that's why i used parameters to instanciate the test cases. At the moment, there is a sole parameter, it is a bean containinng all informations about the test to create : data to put in the request, actions to perform, assertions, etc...

The End :)

Since each test case as its own parameter, i stored it in a field, but Cactus does not properly copy it in the second instance... A whole (and possibly big) TestSuite is given to Cactus, so i would have to store the whole list of parameters in the system properties or static class, and i would not be able to retrieve the good parameter in the SetUp method or the default constructor (well, i think so).

Romain

Nicolas Chalumeau a écrit :

Just for curiousity :
What kind of parameter is it ? And is its utility?

If it is common for all test you can use a system properties.

Nicolas,