Hi David,

Wanted to let you know the Eclipse Web Tools Platform (WTP) project [1]
has started working on Eclipse integration for Cactus. I've recently had
some mailing list discussions (on cactus-dev) with the Cactus team (well,
really with Vincent) about how Cactus and WTP can collaborate on this. The
short story is there isn't currently much in the way of Cactus tooling in
WTP but WTP should be able to pick up the slack on Cactus integration in
Eclipse in the coming WTP releases.

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/webtools

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

David Turley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
08/26/2005 04:51 PM
Please respond to
"Cactus Users List"

Cactus Users List <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Running Cactus tests in Eclipse

At one point I was able to run my Cactus tests in Eclipse by starting up
tomcat and running the tests as JUnit tests.  Since then I changed my
directory structure a bit to make things more sensible and convenient
for the Ant integration, and now when I try to run an individual test in
Eclipse, it complains about the cactus.contextURL.  I have a
cactus.properties file in my project's base directory, but something
(the error and the fact that it doesn't work...;-) tells me that's not
the right place...  Where should I put it?  What should I do with it?
Is there another way to quickly run a test?  It takes too long to build
and cactify a war to make it convenient.  Also, is anyone working on the
Eclipse integration?  I saw someone ask about downloading it a month ago
or so, but there was never any response to his email.

Thanks,
David Turley