Okay, that makes sense. Thanks. Unfortunately that's not my only problem. For some reason I'm getting the following stack trace when I try to run my test cases:

java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: /app/ServletRedirector
   at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:537)
   at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:434)
   at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:383)
at org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpClientConnectionHelper.connect_aroundBody0(HttpClientConnectionHelper.java:78) at org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpClientConnectionHelper.connect_aroundBody1$advice(HttpClientConnectionHelper.java:306) at org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpClientConnectionHelper.connect(HttpClientConnectionHelper.java) at org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.callRunTest(DefaultHttpClient.java:162) at org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTest_aroundBody0(DefaultHttpClient.java:80) at org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTest_aroundBody1$advice(DefaultHttpClient.java:306) at org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTest(DefaultHttpClient.java) at org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.runWebTest(HttpProtocolHandler.java:159) at org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.runTest_aroundBody0(HttpProtocolHandler.java:80) at org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.runTest_aroundBody1$advice(HttpProtocolHandler.java:306) at org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.runTest(HttpProtocolHandler.java) at org.apache.cactus.internal.client.ClientTestCaseCaller.runTest(ClientTestCaseCaller.java:144) at org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.runBareClient(AbstractCactusTestCase.java:215) at org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.runBare(AbstractCactusTestCase.java:133)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:478) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:344) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)

I have put all the servlet mapping stuff in my web.xml, but the error is the same with it in as it is without it. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? It's probably something totally stupid I'm forgetting to do, but I can't figure it out :-P.

Thanks,
David

Romain Thouvenin wrote:

The cactus.properties file must be in the classpath. So you may change the file location and/or the build path in Eclipse so that it works.

Hope it helps,
Romain

David Turley a écrit :

At one point I was able to run my Cactus tests in Eclipse by starting up tomcat and running the tests as JUnit tests. Since then I changed my directory structure a bit to make things more sensible and convenient for the Ant integration, and now when I try to run an individual test in Eclipse, it complains about the cactus.contextURL. I have a cactus.properties file in my project's base directory, but something (the error and the fact that it doesn't work...;-) tells me that's not the right place... Where should I put it? What should I do with it? Is there another way to quickly run a test? It takes too long to build and cactify a war to make it convenient. Also, is anyone working on the Eclipse integration? I saw someone ask about downloading it a month ago or so, but there was never any response to his email.

Thanks,
David Turley