Agreed.  We have a limited amount of energy to devote to a Windows port at
this time, but we would be happy for core to work well on Windows.  Most of
the library depends only on the version of OCaml, so it should be pretty
easy to port.  We've done a bit of ifdef work to make it a tad more portable
(it's known to compile so far on FC5, Centos/RHE 4 and 5, and OS X.)