On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 10:14:26PM -0400, Markus Mottl wrote:
> If performance does not matter, it would be easiest to just convert
> all data to the protocol already used by little endian machines.  This
> would noticably slow down communication with/among machines that are
> not little endians.  Since the vast majority of computers are little
> endians, this won't matter for most people.  OCaml takes a similar
> approach.

Sounds like a reasonable solution indeed. Way better than not having
bin-prot on some archs (this is particularly annoying in Debian, where
we support several big endian machines; the status quo would mean no
Core on them and in turn no application using Core on them. Currently we
patched Core on that architecture to remove the bin-prot dependency, but
is a rather hackish solution I would like to get rid off).

Do you plan to implement such a solution in forthcoming releases?

Thanks,
Cheers.

[EMAIL PROTECTED],cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/