Hi Laura,

Thank you for your suggestions. I made progress with your suggestions,
but there are still some problems.

I commented out the xps_library portion of my matlab startup script.
Indeed, now I am able to open the tutorial 3 model file without a
segfault. I see the yellow blocks show up as "bad links". I can delete
them. I looked at the original .mdl file in a text editor and saw what
I need to add. I addpath the xps_library area to the matlab path. This
next step took me a while to figure out (maybe it is obvious to others).
Inside the simulink library browser I had to go to View->Refresh Tree
View (or F5) to have simulink catch the newly added xps_library. I add
appropriate yellow blocks. I can save this new model file.

But when I edit back the xps_library into the startup script and restart
sysgen, and open the newly saved tutorial 3 file, I segfault again!

So I decide it is a pain in the neck, but I can go through adding the
xps_library path by hand each time to be able to open this model. So I
commented out the xps_library in startup, manually addpath and refresh
tree view after opening model. The model is all there now. So I want to
compile the model, and I run bee_xps, and press the Run XPS button, it
fails with the following message:

 Detected Linux OS
Warning: The fourth output, VERSN, of FILEPARTS will be removed in a future
release.
> In fileparts at 35
  In gen_xps_files at 121
  In bee_xps>run_Callback at 150
  In bee_xps at 82
#############################
##      System Update      ##
#############################

config =

    source: @pipeline_init_xblock

config =

    source: @pipeline_init_xblock

config =

    source: @pipeline_init_xblock

config =

    source: @pipeline_init_xblock

config =

    source: @pipeline_init_xblock

Error using ==> gen_xps_files at 199
Error due to multiple causes.

Any ideas?

Gopal

--
Gopal Narayanan                          Ph #: (413) 545 0925
Department of Astronomy                  e-mail: go...@astro.umass.edu