OK, so it looks like I'll need to pay more attention to interleaving than I had
hoped. I assume there are no ROACH-compatible boards that use chips that clock
at 2048-MHz but without interleaving.

Also, we're using a flexible down-converter to select 1-GHz bands anywhere in
the 2-14-GHz range. At many sites RFI at S-band will be a problem so dynamic
range is an issue. The chips on the ASIAA, ADC1x3000, and Kat-ADC all seem to
drop to about ENOB = 6-bits at 2-GHz which is less than ideal. Using a 10- or
12-bit sampler would be preferred but it seems no ROACH-compatible sampler
boards have been designed with 10- or 12-bit capability and the interface won't
handle the extra bits anyway. Having said that though I seem to recall that you
implied in your initial email that the ASIAA card could be used in the dual
sampler mode (assuming a 1-GHz bandwidth) if interaced to the ROACH2 and yet
the ZDOK connection for both ROACH1 and ROACH2 both use a 40 differential pair
interface. How do you get the extra bandwith with the ROACH2?

Yes, I did pick up that we would need the higher bandwidth filter. However, I
also noticed that there were some plans to implement shields and heat sinks for
the Kat-ADC. Has this come to pass or has it become apparent that neither are
required?

Many thanks,
-Bill.