Hi all

I have been working on a yellow block for the DDR3 of the ROACH-2. As far
as I know this yellow block does not yet exist?

The same DRAM yellow block is used and interfacing the memory remains the
same (as for the ROACH-1). The DRAM also uses an asynchronous fifo to allow
long write bursts. I have tested the memory (thoroughly) using standard
memory test patterns, and the memory passes reliably (I have yet to see a
failure).

I have not yet implemented a CPU interface to the DDR3, but this will
hopefully be done soon. I have a couple more things that I would like to
check/test, and if this is done I'll ask one of the SKA-SA guys to push
this onto their CASPER mlib git repo.

I thought this is information worth sharing so that multiple people don't
end up working on the same thing... Hopefully this is not already the case!

Thanks,
JP van Rensburg