Hi JP,

We recently (last week) discovered we desperately need the DDR3 on ROACH2
since our work-around for getting the visibility data out of our system
won't work in the long run (due to 10 GbE switch limiations... it's a long
story). So just this week I re-started work on a DDR3 yellow block I had
left behind a while ago.

I am using the ddr3_controller and ddr3_clk modules from
github.com/ska-sa/roach2_test_gateware which I believe is known to work.
Originally I used the wishbone bus that was used for testing the board with
a bridge but the only OPB-to-WB bridge I found online had the memory
addresses hard-coded into a netlist. Instead I took the opb_dram_sniffer
(which contains arbitration between CPU and FPGA) and the async_dram pcores
from ROACH-1 and am in the process of interfacing them to the above
modules. I have not yet determined how to translate the old MIG application
interface to the new one but came up with some hack that seems to compile.

I haven't tested anything in hardware yet! I'm very happy that it seems I
won't have to since JP's done all the work :) Also I'm completely fine with
abandoning the very little work I've done to help JP on the CPU-interface
side. If the current yellow block isn't online somewhere presently could I
get a copy to use in testing the DDR3 on our ROACH2's?

Thanks and good work!
Rurik