Hi guys,

though I think these only affect the short link between the FPGA
and the vitesse tranceiver anyway,
Yep, you've got the right of it. You'll need to tweak the Vitesse PHY
through the control interface from software; there is an MDIO
interface available, which does work. But we don't have a full
datasheet for the part and so can't offer a clear solution for you.

Access to Vitesse data sheets requires signing an NDA.
Its not actually that much of a pain. Just email a
request via the Vitesse web site, and you'll get a
response. The "downside" is that I don't think CASPER
as a community can get access to the data sheet and
then share it. However, someone like Jack could be
the "expert" and he could aid others :)

Cheers,
Dave