Hi Alec,

That's a fun one. Is this the vanilla tut4 design after running
update_casper_blocks? I can try and recreate the problem here....

Cheers
Jack

On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 at 16:35 Alec Josaitis <josai...@umich.edu> wrote:

Dear Dave and Glenn,

You were both correct, my MLIB_DEVEL_PATH returned any empty string; the
variable was never set. I'm amazed I got to tutorial 4 without that mistake
making itself present! I am now able to implement the green blocks as
expected, and when I run the Simulation -> Update Diagram command, I do not
receive any errors in a .log file. Indeed no error.log is even generated
(as they had previously). However, I am still unable to compile the .slx
file because of the following error:

Operands to the || and && operators must be convertible to logical scalar
values.

I've checked the Casper Archive and noticed someone else having a similar
problem
<https://www.mail-archive.com/casper@lists.berkeley.edu/msg05733.html>, but
there wasn't a clear resolution and I'm not quite sure how to fix this. This
link
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/19j-WE8WwAo2u_y2YQ07w5_TT0Nli5uXBxSoWoOdt2X8/edit?usp=sharing>
provides the warning statements offered by MATLAB while running System ->
Update Diagram (and again, this is all I have because no error log file was
created). Do you have a suggestion on what could be causing this issue?

Thank you all again for your recent and productive help!

Best,

Alec