Hi Claudio,

2012b does not support the newer slx file format. Try using an older
version of the tutorials with an mdl file.

You can try the mdl files from this commit:
https://github.com/casper-astro/tutorials_devel/tree/c195b501f67c4f2a4f051f258453e0751f9825fa/tut3

Wesley New
South African SKA Project
+2721 506 7300