Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 11:29:03 -0500
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] zinc with HEPES
From: j-kell...@fsm.northwestern.edu
To: ccp4...@hotmail.com
CC: CCP4BB@jiscmail.ac.uk

Try adding water first, so that you are not mixing concentrated Zn with
concentrated HEPES. Also it depends what else is in your cocktail.
JPK

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Rajesh Kumar <ccp4...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Dear All,
This question sounds simple but I dont know the answer.I was preparing a 24
well crystal screen. When I try to use 10 mM  ZnSO4 with HEPES (pH 7.6) buffer
it precipitates. I tried both ZnCl2 and Zn acetate the effect is same.
I dont know why this Zn in not compatible with HEPES.Could you please tell me
why is this?I appreciate your help.
Thanks
Rajesh

Jacob Pearson Keller