FYI, I do know of one example of a solved structure where some of the molecules in the ASU are poorly defined. In 1EKJ, 4 of the 8 molecules in the ASU have low B-factors (mid 30s) and 4 have high B-factors (50s-60s). In the unit cell these layers alternate. It is possible, if everything else has been excluded, that your crystal has a similar crystal-packing issue.

Cheers,

_______________________________________
Roger S. Rowlett
Gordon & Dorothy Kline Professor