You may also get some insights from TLS refinement.

Regards
Thierry

From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Roger
Rowlett
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 12:27 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Poor electron density in some of the chains in an
asymmetric unit

FYI, I do know of one example of a solved structure where some of the molecules
in the ASU are poorly defined. In 1EKJ, 4 of the 8 molecules in the ASU have
low B-factors (mid 30s) and 4 have high B-factors (50s-60s). In the unit cell
these layers alternate. It is possible, if everything else has been excluded,
that your crystal has a similar crystal-packing issue.

Cheers,

_______________________________________
Roger S. Rowlett
Gordon & Dorothy Kline Professor