From: Marcus Winter <marcus.win...@rigaku.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 11:25 AM
To: Keller, Jacob <kell...@janelia.hhmi.org>; CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] hybrid photon counter in the home lab

Dear Jacob,

Thank you for your reply.  You’re correct, of course.  As shown below and in
the attachment, with Si sensors and at a photon energy of the 8 keV, the DQE of
both the HyPix-6000HE and Pilatus3 R 200K HPC detectors are both considerably
above 90%.

[cid:image001.png@01D4AD9E.60DA3C20]

Most importantly, this high DQE is maintained throughout the operating regime:
from the highest to the lowest count rates.  As can be seen, this is in
contrast to the highest performing CCD detector (the Atlas S2) and CMOS type
detectors.  The high DQE even at the lowest count rates / lowest reflection
intensities is the reason for the best quality highest resolution data to be
collectable using the HPC technology detectors.

Many Thanks, Yours sincerely,

Marcus Winter
Rigaku.