Hi all,

The polarizer-microscope in our facility is not working properly, and I have
to check my plates using a standard stereo-microscope. As a workaround, I
thought about buying one at Amazon, placing it on top of the plates and
rotating it to still test for birefringence.

The product is linked below. Does anyone have some experience with this kind
of "homemade" system? And also (this might be a stupid question), does the
product even work? As far as I know, the polarizers in the microscopes are
linear polarizers, whereas the product linked below is a circular polarizer.
I would also be happy for product recommendations (optimally available at
the German Amazon).

Cheers

Matthias

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00XNMXYBY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_5YsoFbFQXTBP9

Buchmann Institute of Molecular Life Sciences

Goethe University Frankfurt